If genuinely and wholeheartedly given, a smile is one of the most powerful things that could either make a person happy, proud or motivated; thus it brings good vibes and boosts one’s confidence. This, on the other hand, could only be obtained by having a set of bright and white teeth, which could probably be the best accessory anyone could wear. Obviously, having bright white teeth can contribute for a much pleasant appearance.
Here are some things that you didn’t know about dental care until now:
- The first step in maintaining white teeth is practicing proper dental hygiene by, of course, brushing after meals and before going to bed, flossing at least once a day, having your teeth professionally cleaned, and visiting the dentist once or twice every year.
- Toxic chemicals and other highly acidic washes can cause bad effects on your teeth. You see, there is a layer of minerals on the teeth called enamel that protects against decay and other factors that might hurt your teeth.
- You can use a mint, gum or mouth wash to keep your breath fresh and your teeth white. You should avoid using mouthwashes that are alcohol based, for it causes your mouth to dry.
- Fluoride supplements will help you in strengthening your teeth. For teeth that darken easily and gums that are quite unhealthy, you really should take fluoride; but not too much because yellow spots might appear on your teeth, so immediately minimize your fluoride usage if yellow spots start to appear.
- You can use the natural way of teeth whitening, such as using strawberry. Its juice can amazingly cause the enamel to soften, making it easier to remove stains from your teeth and making it very white.
- Dairy foods including milk, cheese and yogurt contains vitamins and minerals that boost tooth enamel and guards them from further discoloration. These minerals also help one’s teeth to be healthier and stronger. Some nutritious items coming from your meals will also chip in for whiter teeth.
- Cigarette smoking damages your teeth since it contains nicotine which can cause teeth to yellow.
- Dark beverages can cause stains on your teeth. Darker drinks, such as tea or coffee, have pigments that can contribute stains on your teeth. Immediately drinking water after drinking these dark drinks, will help in preventing the formation of stains on your teeth, or you can also use straw or drink coffee with non-skimmed milk.
- Some advice the purchase of electric toothbrushes. This gizmo helps in removing the stains from your teeth along with a proven and tested whitening toothpaste. Electric toothbrushes don’t just remove, but also help in preventing the formation of new stains.
- It is necessary that your toothbrush is clean by thoroughly rinsing it after use and letting it air dry. Never store you tooth brush in a container because it supports the development of bacteria, and get a new on every few months.
These are some basic facts of dental care that can get really useful in the long run. So go ahead and start taking care of your teeth now.